Thursday, June 4, 2009

Loving life.

Life has been really great here for us on Green Garden Hill. Things are in full bloom so to speak.

Sunday Kyle, Lilian and I started some seeds in a "jiffy greenhouse" and yesterday we saw our first green little sprouts yesterday! We planted mint, lavender, chamomile, chives and peppers. I know we started a bit late, but we thought it would be something fun to try. I'm excited to see if we can actually grow anything. I've never really considered myself a green thumb and I don't think Kyle has either.


Sprouts!

Yesterday Kyle mentioned how it would be nice to have a tree swing in our yard, so we went outside and found a place for one. We chose a maple tree on our side yard. Then we went to the hardware store and picked up some rope and went to Grandpa Dave and Grandma Mary's and found a board that was perfect. Kyle used his chainsaw to cut it 28 inches, then we drilled holes in the board and Kyle climbed a tree to hang it.


It looks great! Not to mention it is a lot of fun!

Beautiful! We chose this adorable rope. So cute! Kyle's skillful knot tying came in handy here!

Kyle Left the extra rope up in the tree in case we ever need to lower it or whatever.

Lilian getting sprayed with water when she went to the sprinkler in the front yard.
Look at how beautiful the apple trees are! This one is right out our kitchen window.

A pretty butterfly.

Lovely!

PS:

The Mining Journal wrote about the PEOPLE magazine issue. Here is a link:

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/528296.html?nav=5006

No comments: